To ensure proper protection of the organization’s databases, a whole set of practices is needed in combination with regular internal control. The matrix of popular protection practices includes the following aspects:
– continuous management of user access rights and prevention of excessive privileges and inactive users;
– training employees in risk reduction methods, which includes gaining knowledge about common cyber threats, such as phishing attacks and email exploitation;
– assessment of the level of danger of database vulnerabilities, which includes detection of compromised endpoints and classification of confidential data;
– tracking all activity related to gaining access to the database in real time to detect data leaks, unauthorized SQL, as well as attacks on protocols and systems;
– automation of audit using a specially selected platform;
– blocking malicious web requests; archiving external data, encrypting information in the database and masking its fields to hide confidential information.
DB protection tools
The methods described above require a lot of effort and time on the part of the organization’s information security department. Often, information security specialists cannot cope with all tasks on their own, so the processes that need to be carried out to ensure database security remain unfulfilled. Fortunately, we are ready to present popular foreign database protection tools that will help facilitate the work of information security specialists.